The importance of having a detox diet plan
Have you been detoxing before? If you have not, this can be kind of an overwhelming task.
There are a lot of alternatives which makes it hard to know how to approach this important part of a healthy life.
To succeed you definitely need a plan, a detox diet plan, to be more precise. This is what I intend to help you with in the following paragraphs.
Why should you have a detox diet plan?
First of all there are a number of benefits from doing a detox:
1. You will get rid of toxins in your body and therefore reduce the risk of different diseases and illnesses.
2. You will lose weight.
3. Your figure will look better, because you will lose weight from the area around your belly.
4. You will get all the energy you need to fulfill your dreams.
5. You will stop having cravings which will make it much easier to eat healthy and keep an optimal weight.
To actually get all these benefits you will have to make sure to succeed and the best way to do so is to have a plan, a detox diet plan.
The making of your detox diet plan
For how long should I be detoxing?
It depends on how you do it, but if you go for the detox diet plan I suggest in this article, ten days would be enough. If you can´t bring yourself to go through with such a tough diet, you can do it over a longer period, like 30 days and perhaps adding what I personally did: The best detox cleanse. In the end it´s not about the duration of the detox, but about succeeding with your detox diet plan.
Before you start
You will probably not feel very well the first few days and therefore you should start the detoxing when you feel you can cope with the following symptoms, without taking painkillers:
2. Mood swings
6. Excessive peeing
To be able to cope with these symptoms you should do the following:
1. Do the detoxing when your schedule is not so busy
2. Fill up with the foods you are allowed to eat.
3. Get rid of the foods you are not allowed to eat.
4. Try to limit sugar, alcohol, tobacco and coffee beforehand. This way you will not feel as ill as you would if you quit cold turkey on your first day of detoxing.
5. Tell your family and friends about your detox diet plan so they can help and support you.
What to avoid during your detox
To make sure this detox diet plan really works, you need to help the liver do it´s work. You should avoid the following as much as possible:
4. White flour
6. Drugs and medicines (If you are on a meditation for a specific disease you obviously need to take that medication).
There are other things you can add to this list, but for most people this can prove to be too much. If you have a lot of symptoms and a lot of cravings you could end up quitting the detox in advance. It´s better to not overdo it the first time around and instead do a second, tougher, detox when your cravings are not so bad. If you think you will cope with a tougher detoxing, these are the foods to avoid:
1. Trans fat
3. Artificial sweeteners
4. Finished foods/Semi products
5. Red meat (because of hormones and toxins)
6. Milk products (because of hormones and toxins)
But what are you allowed to eat?
This you can eat as much as you like
2. Herbal tea
3. Herbs and spices
This you can eat in limited amount
2. Freshly squeezed juice
3. Milk alternatives such as oat and coconut milk
4. Grains such as oats
5. Brown rice, quinoa and similar products that are gluten free and have a high nutritional value
6. Nuts and seeds
8. Olive oil
What else to think about during your detox?
1. Take psyllium seed husks to regulate your bowel movements which is crucial in order to get rid of toxins.
2. Drink a lot of water/ herbal tea
3. Go for walks, but avoid high intensity work outs
4. Sleep a lot
After the detox diet plan is finished – Reap the benefits of your success
1. You will feel energized and ready to fulfill all your dreams and plans whatever they may be.
2. You will have lost weight.
3. Better looking figure.
4. No more cravings which obviously will help you continue to lose weight and help you keep the weight off.
5. An improved metabolism. This means you will have less problems with a bloated belly or other issues that you might have incountered in the past when eating different kinds of food. It also means you will have a reduced risk of getting different illnesses and diseases. Plus you will burn more calories because the body is not overwhelmed with toxins anymore.
You will certainly feel like a new person. I know I did the first time I did detoxing! That brings me to another question to answer? Is it enough to do a detox just once in your life and never again? My answer would be, NO!
Why is it important to be detoxing regularly throughout life?
It is because these days we are getting toxins from so many sources:
1. Hair dye.
2. New clothes and shoes.
3. Food and water (also from organic food, because of toxins in the soil, air and in the rain).
4. The air we breathe. Thousands of people die every year from toxins from cars and factories.
There are other sources of course, but you get the idea. These days we also eat way too much sugar in different forms which burdens the liver in the same way as alcohol does. It will give you a fatty liver and a fatty liver will not have the energy to get rid of toxins. The good news though are that you can get a healthy liver again by detoxing and minimizing sugar and alcohol in your life. Read more here: Best detox cleanse